Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment

I have a 16GB I-pad bought for me last year. Yesterday, when

I have a 16GB I-pad bought for me last year. Yesterday, when looking at my email, I could not scroll up and down or sideways, and this mans voice constantly telling me what to do, i.e. click twice and reading first lines of email. I cannot turn this off.
When I switch the machine off, it always comes back to the same settings.
I have looked into settings page but cannot find anything to help me. It seems as though the sliding pages are frozen.
Tearing my hair out !! please help
June Archer
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Sounds like you have voice over turned on by accident.. Heres what you want to do to turn it off.

if VoiceOver is on and you want to turn it off from the device instead of from iTunes, remember that a double-tap acts like a single tap and you need to use three fingers to scroll when VoiceOver is on:

Press Home.

Tap Settings. Then double-tap Settings.

Tap General. Then double-tap General.

Use three fingers on the screen to scroll to Accessibility.

Tap Accessibility. Then double-tap Accessibility.

Tap VoiceOver. Then double-tap VoiceOver.

If you get stuck or run into any issues carrying out those steps, please let me know!

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, seems fine at the moment
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome June, Thank you for describing the issue so well, as that made it very easy for me to identify what the issue was, and to help you repair it.

In the future if you run into any issue large or small, I hope that you will keep us in mind here at JustAnswer..

In the future if you need anything you can ask me specifically your questions at my profile link on Just Answer..

Make sure to ask the question through the box on my page, and also, Start it with For D.Sandlin Only

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-dsandlin/

We also have a subscription plan which can be cancled at any time, which provides a low cost way to get a lot of help in a short period of time.

If you happen to have other macs or old computers you wanted to repair, or fine tune, or backup or move files.. Theres a whole lot we could do under the subscription plan.

Other then that, Thank you for trying out our service and for leaving the positive rating. I hope you have a great Sunday,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will definitely keep you in mind for the future, have to say I hopeI don't have any more problems. Once thanks