Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I am having trouble with my mac book pro. Some times the screen

I am having trouble with my mac book pro.
Some times the screen turns blue.
Then when it goes back to normal.
The back ground stays blue.
Is this a software or harware problem?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mackey, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Lets start with some more info about the MBP.
When did this start?

How old is the MBP?

WHat version of OS X is on it, if it is on you can find that info here.
graphic
When you say that sometimes the screen turns blue do you mean after it boots up? Or it never gets to the desktop image that you want?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mac OS X 10.6.8
Its after the start up.
Happens randomly
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Lets start with some basic stuff and see what happens.
First repair permissions, these cause the most trouble overall.

Repairing Permissions

Then try a pram reset, this resets all the system busses, it is the next most troublesome.

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys all together at the same time.

‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P' all together at the same time.

Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes, this is the sound that your computer makes when it starts up, it is like a boonngg. The screen should also cycle from white to black and then back to white along with the chimes.

The sound should also get louder.

graphic

This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.

This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

After doing that check System Preferences/Desk top to make sure your choice is indeed selected.

graphic

graphic

graphic

Select different ones and see if that helps.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you just take control of my computer and do these for me?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
I cannot, sorry. They are easy to do, just follow step by step, all it really takes is a little time.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.