Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

Hi iPhone 5 question: In Calendar app, in the Alerts section.

iPhone 5 question:
In Calendar app, in the Alerts section. For the First alert, I enter 1 day before. Second alert: 2 hours before.
But, when I hit Done, the alerts become reversed, so the second alert is 1 day before and the first alert becomes 2 hours before.
I've re-done it several times and every time, the Calendar reverses the alerts.
what's going on?? and how can I make the alerts stay at the times I want them?

Thank you for contacting I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

You can add multiple alerts to a calendar item. The app does not follow 1..2..3 sequence. It is just a number of how many alerts you want to add to a item. Nothing you are doing is wrong.

But the the alerts go in a sequential order. For instance, 1 Day becomes the first alert because that alert will be come first before the 2 Hour alert.

If you added 1 alert for 15 minutes before calendar item and then 2 alert be 2 hours before. The 2 hour alert would become the first alert on the list becomes it comes before the 15 minute alert on the list.

I really hope this makes sense and if you need further explanation or clarification. Please let me know I will answer your follow ups.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But-- this is what the screen says:
Alert: 2 hours before
Second Alert: 1 day before.

Will the phone still alert me 1 Day Before and then 2 Hours Before, even tho it says the opposite?
Yes it will, the 1 day before will come off the list first then the 2 hours alert will be left on the list. That will then notify you 2 hours before the calendar item time.Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Hi Holly,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, perfect. Love my little iPhone!
Thanks for help
Hi Holly,

Thanks for following up, glad to hear everything is working just fine!

Please save my direct profile link to your favorites if you have any future questions you can reach me directly. Would love the opportunity to assist you with any future questions.