James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert

i cant open my bank statesment, it kept saying i already have

i can't open my bank statesment, it kept saying i already have too many pdf open
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Are you using a Mac or a PC?

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

imac

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Have you tried to restart the iMac (turn it off and then back on) ?

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay.

Are you using Safari to go to your bank account?

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am using firefox

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Please close Firefox, and then open Safari.

Does the same thing happen in Safari, or does it work properly?

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i used both, pdf does not work

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay.

Do you have Adobe PDF reader installed?

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i tried, but it kept saying i have too may opened and it didn't let me, and i don't see that icon in launch pad

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay.

Force-quit Safari and Adobe PDF (if open). To force-quit, choose force-quit from the Apple menu when the application is open.

Once this is done, open Firefox again. If it asks you whether you want to "restore session", say no.

Does it work properly now?

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok i force quit already

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
And that did not help any?

Let's try one more thing.

Go to this webiste:

get.adobe.com/reader/

download and install the latest Adobe Reader.

Then restart the computer again. Is there any imrovement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am going to download adobe reader now

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay - please let me know if it solves the problem or not.

Thank you for your patience!

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i just installed it, now i will restart my computer, we might lost contact, how can i reach you

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Simply come back to justanswer.com and you will find this question.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok james

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sir!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
James, it's still not working
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I'd like to start a remote support session with you. This mean I'll be able to look at your screen together with you, and help you personally.

Would that be ok with you?

Appreciated!

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Please click here to start.

Important - if we are NOT connected within 5 minutes, something is NOT working right.
Please come back to justanswer.com and let me know - we will try something else!

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says "joining your session", i am waiting
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay - let's give it a few minutes. Let me know if nothing happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happen, but it says "having trouble joining? click to try another option."
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Can you please try the other option?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now it's saying "now trying option 2: java web star boot strap....
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Let's try another way.

Please go to this website:

www.join.me

Click Share and run the file. You will see a 9 digit ID (number) on the top. Please give me this ID so I can join you.

Many thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did not see share on the screen
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
How about a button to Start Meeting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's askng me if i want to save file
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay - please save it, and then run it (double click it)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hit save but it just disappeared
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let's try something else.

Can you tell me the exact error message, word for word, that you get when trying to view a bank statement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i does not have error messages and nothing shows. i usually have adobe reader icon on the launch pad and on the bottom of the screen, it's not there anymore, i didn't see it lately, and adobe reader already installed
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Can you please try to open a bank statement right now, and tell me what happens?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing, no error messages either
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
In your Finder, type Adobe - do you see adobe reader come up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, i also see join me the one you just sent me
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Can you open join me and tell me if you see a number (9 digit) ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did and i typed that number in join meeting
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
That's not good... I need you to tell me what the number is XXXXX I can join myself.

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh no, what can i do now, 533-356-804
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Please approve my control request...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
158-436-195
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't seem like a valid code - can you try again please and give me the new code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
589-061-927
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
remote fix
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience: Mac Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks James