David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

hello, I did restore my iPod nano 6 gen. but cannot succesfully

hello, I did restore my iPod nano 6 gen. but cannot succesfully reinstall it. I always get the iTunes screen with all the albums I bought from iTunes and even said that syncing has been done but negative. I know that you loose everything after restoring and I did that since I thought that it might solve the problem I had since it did not work any more with my Garmap unit. Thanks for your assitances.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

If the Restore worked OK, but the music didn't transfer, then it sounds only like a settings problem and not a real problem with the iPod.

If Restore works OK the iPod hardware and the software conduit between iTunes and the iPod are working.

Please go through the Restore process again, to confirm that it Restores OK, and let me know if it does. if it doesn't restore OK, let me know what happens.

Yours sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Restoring the IPOD ERASES ALL DATA FROM THE IPOD NANO INCLUDING SONGS.THAT IS WHAT I DID.

NOW I HAVE THE TIME AND DATE BACK BUT NOT THE ALBUMS I BOUGHT FROM I-TUNES.ALL THE ICONS ARE THERE ALSO. IN MY OPINION IT IS REINSTALLING WHAT IS THE MATTER. RESTORING IS ONLY IN THEIR TERMINOLEGY BRINGING THE NANO TO THEIR ORIGINAL FACTORY STATE BACK.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Do you have music in your iTunes Library?

Can you disconnect your iPod, and play music in iTunes on your computer?

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that is fine and working well.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

When you connect the iPod, click it in the top right corner in iTunes (must be the latest version).

Click the Music tab. Is there a tick in the box 'Sync Music'?

Thanks,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. I did so but there is no sync ONLY ON DEVICES and sub titel SYNC TO HERO`S IPOD BUT TO NO AVAIL. Can we do this exersize postpone to to morrow? Thanks , regards Hero

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

We are almost there to the solution, but yes we can postpone until tomorrow.

Please let me know when you are ready and wish to continue.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello David, can we start again ? Hero
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When will David be on line?
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi Hero,

There have been site issues affecting my ability to log on and reply, I apologize for the delay.

You should check the 'Sync Music' box in iTunes and click Apply.

This will sync your music, when it is done confirm it by disconnecting the iPod and checking.

Let me know if there is a problem or if there is other data you would like to sync.

Best regards,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that without succes.It is the old problem that the I Pod is in ex factory status and must be reinstalled as new and that I donot know how to do The book says that when it is restored it can not in the normal way sync.I did it from the devices box to noavail. I cannot find a "sync music"box neither a apply.Perhaps that is the or my problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that from the Divices box sinc I cannot find a sync music box neither a apply thing.
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi Hero,

Are you using the latest version of iTunes?

Please download it here if not:
www.apple.com/itunes/download

When you have the latest version, then there will be no confusion over the location of things.

Best regards,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I for the third time I istalled the latest version .then I clicked iTuns, all the albums are coming up,and then I click iPod and get Hero s iPOd : with capaciy,serial number etc. When I click right under sync nothing happens. Where do I find music sync and apply?
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi Hero,

I understand that this is a frustrating issue. To help you I need to confirm details with you. I asked you did you have the latest version of iTunes more than once. You only told me you did once, not three times. You can read back over everything on this page.

Are you using a Mac or a PC?

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using an Acer computer windows 7 (not a laptop but the latest all in monitor one) I did acouple of days ago 2 latest ituns downloads and to-day one.Again, where can I find music sync and apply. Hero thanks
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi Hero,

Thanks. I have no way of knowing these things unless it is written in the reply, I appreciate it.

The Sidebar is hidden in the latest version of iTunes. Click the View menu, and click Show Sidebar.

Click once on the iPod. Along the top it says Summary, Info, Apps, Music. Click once on Music.

The top item should be Sync Music. Tick that box. In the bottom right is Sync. Click Sync.

Let me know what happens.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The eagle has landed . I am 80 years and not a cyber fundy although I do my best to understand the modern world and somtimes I can book a succes. THANKS SO MUST FOR BRINGING UP THE PATIENCE WITH ME. Go well, yours truly, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi Hero,

That's fantastic, I am glad it worked, well done!

Patience is the most important thing with tech, because it is so intricate and temperamental.

If you have any queries let me know I will gladly help. Have a nice day :)

Yours sincerely,
David.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified