Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

I bought an iphone online it came jail broken with cydia was

I bought an iphone online it came jail broken with cydia was trying to remove it through restoring it after it said its finished it came up with the apple sign and the usb cord saying connect to itunes but it does nothing I tried to restore it yet nothing has happened the sign is still there please help! just plugged it back into my laptop and it said that the iphone could not be restored beacues of an unkown problem error 2002 its a 3GS as well

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

You will have to restore the iPhone to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPhone, but you can later restore the contents of the iPhone to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPhone turns off
- Connect the iPhone to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
- In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPhone and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
- Once that is complete, right click the iPhone listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.

Now your iPhone will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.

If you have any questions, I am available to continue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has come of that screen but is now saying it has the wrong carrier and is locked I have never been told that it was locked are you able to help me unlock it for new zealand?

How did you unlock the carrier signal in the beginning?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought it offline it was supose to be new but found out it was jailbroken with cydia and now after restoring it has become locked.

It sounds like when you purchased it, it was unlocked. When you restore it, it was Jailbroken so that it would work with your carrier.

When you restored it, you removed the jailbreak and you locked it again.

Are you familiar with Jailbreaking? You will have to do that again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I am not familar with jailbreaking but have found a company that says they can unlock phones would this be a better option to go down or would jail breaking be better? would they be able to unlock it if it needs to be jailbroken?

If you Jailbreak it incorrectly, you may damage the phone.

If they can do it, the better option would be to go with them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If they can not what is the best jail breaking option really dont want to stuff up the phone!