Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My iPad says: cannot back up to iCloud without a verified email

My iPad says: cannot back up to iCloud without a verified email address. The screen is frozen. What do I do.

Many thanks.
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold both the Power button and the Home on the iPad buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Please let me know if it works or not. I will help further as needed. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't unlock the screen, so I can't press any buttons.

I'm sorry, did you try my suggestion yet? The buttons are physical (not on the screen.) Please click on the image below for the location of the two buttons: Home and Power:

Please press and hold both the Power button and the Home on the iPad buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What buttons? Where are they on the pad?

You're dealing with a geriatric here!!

I'm sorry. If you click on the image / picture below I gave you previously, then it will show you the buttons. Basically, the POWER button is located at the top side to the right, and the HOME button is located right below the screen in the middle.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now I can't unlock the screen!

Per my previous reply, did you actually press & hold both the Power and Home button on the iPad at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then wait a bit, then check?

Thank you