Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

I have a I-Pad that I purchased two years ago when the 2nd

I have a I-Pad that I purchased two years ago when the 2nd one was released. Last week I allowed someone to add MobileIron Stat to my I-Pad because of my company requirement and now I have to have my password XXXXX acitvate it which I have not used in over a year. Problem is the password XXXXX thought was used on this I-Pad will not work; moreover when I took it to the Apple Store the tech there informed me unless i can put the correct password XXXXX they would have to reset the I-Pad losing all my loaded apps. Is there a way to keep my all my loaded apps without knowing my password XXXXX be able to use this I-Pad?

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

I understand you have come to JustAnswer in search of a alternate answer. However Apple techs are well trained and would not give you a false answer.

Unfortunately they are correct, for security purposes you cannot bypass a password XXXXX on a iPad or any Apple device. That is the purpose of the password XXXXX guard your data against theft or from someone gaining access to it.

Apps you have purchase are not lost, they can be re-downloaded as they stay associated with your Apple ID. Also if you sync your iPad with a computer you can easily reload the apps by syncing the iPad to that PC.

What you will lose is any data associated with the app. But your only solution is to reset the iPad back to factory settings and setup again.

I know this maybe not the answer you were hoping/looking for. But it is the correct answer and I do not give customers wrong answers or false hope.

If you have any further questions please let me know BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.