Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I also need help moving my playlists over to the iTunes on

I also need help moving my playlists over to the iTunes on my new iMac. I was able to import all of my music, but my playlists are missing. Is this something you can also help me with?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

We can transfer the playlists, but only if they are still available in your old computer or in any of the other apple devices such as iphone, ipad etc?

Do you have them all saved anywhere?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, i have them still on my old computer's iTunes.
Thank you.

What we need to do here is to export the playlists from the old computer into any flash drive/external drive etc and import them into the new computer's itunes.

I am not sure what version of itunes you are using on the old computer. Anyhow, open itunes in the old computer.

Right click on any one of the playlists (Ctrl+click if you don't have a right click on the mouse). Now choose the option "Export". Give it a name and save it into your computer. We have to repeat this step for all the playlists you have.

Once you have exported all the playlists into your computer, save them into an external drive and connect it to the new computer. Transfer all those exported versions into the new computer.

Now, open itunes in the new computer. Now, you will see a small box to the top left corner of the itunes followed by a downward pointing arrow. Click on that arrow and select "show menubar". Now you will have menu items such as File, Edit, View etc.

Click on File > Library > Import playlist and select the exported playlist.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'm saving the playlists to an external drive. Will i have to import them one by one or can I select all to import?
Unfortunately, iTunes allows us to import only one by one...:(Not sure with the new iTunes though. Since I am not infront of my computer, I am not able to check.In your new computer, try to select multiple items. If it does not allow, we have to do importing one by one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to do what you said, but when itunes is open on my imac, it is maximized and there are no buttons to minimize it. Therefore, i am unable to find a File menu
when you open itunes, there is an apple logo to the top left corner of the computer. Do you see a File menu following that logo?

If not, to the bottom right corner of the itunes window, you could 3-4 slash lines. Just keep your mouse cursor there. Click and hold on that edge and you would able to minimize the window.

Let me know whether that helps.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it's worked, thank you for your help!
Great to know that...:)

you are welcome...

If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will, but there is not the normal link to rate your service. Do you need to close the job or something?
I am not sure about that. The last reply I gave was an info request, so probably the rating smileys won't be with that.

Can you check my last answer please? If not, just close the job and you may get the rating smileys. Still if it is not there, no problem, I will check that with our moderators.