John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

I am on an iPad and am unable to buy any apps from the App

I am on an iPad and am unable to buy any apps from the App Store. The error message says to contact customer support. I did and the directions I followed didn't help I am still locked out.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Are you able to make purchases via iTunes on your computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All I have is my IPad. I can download game apps but can' pay for them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No can only download games from the App Store.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, so you do not have access to a computer for troubleshooting?

Also, can you clarify; You are able to download apps from the App Store? Is it only in-app purchases that you have an issue with (purchases made from inside a game or app rather than from the app store itself)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No do not have access and Yes that is the problem I am having.
Thanks, Beverly.

If your problem is with in-app purchases then the normal set of procedures may not help you and it's very possible that the issue is not on your iPad directly but with your iTunes/App Store account on the Apple Servers.

Before we do anything invasive to your iPad the next course of action would be to verify the problem via a special process using the Express Lane customer service feature for investigation of the reason for your partially disabled account:

Choose the correct category and issue as prompted by the service above and you will eventually reach a web form where you can submit information about the issue. If you need a suggestion for which support path to follow, try:
iPad > iTunes Store > The Topic Is Not Listed > Email

As an alternative, if you do not wish to handle it online, you can try calling this number but this issue is normally handled online: 1-800-676-2775..

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion
. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried the express Apple now lets see what happens. Hope they can help.
Great. Thanks for the update. There should hopefully be a response fairly quickly and with a quick resolution. If the issue is not on that end, we can try an alternative procedure.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don' t know what happened but it is fine now. If you did anything Thanks Alot!!!!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Everything is fine now. Apple support at iTunes fixed everything.
Fantastic, glad to hear it.

If you need anything else then please let me know.