Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hi, I am burning a 32 min. final cut pro X project using the

Customer Question

I am burning a 32 min. final cut pro X project using the share - DVD option. I have sometimes has problems with a medium write error and other times I have had no error on burning but the DVD has stopped playing. Different DVD's have stopped playing at different times. The project has played fine in FCP X and in the Quicktime movie I made.

This morning I rebooted and have great success though I did get a medium write error on the 6 DVD which I think is more of the quality of the DVD and not the program.

I would love to know what is going wrong and how I can create DVD which I can trust.

Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

version - 10.7.5

3.1 ghz intel core i5

memory 12 GB

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.