Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

How do i delete all passwords and start over with my macbook

How do i delete all passwords and start over with my macbook pro
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you, I will need additional information. Are you trying to delete everything from your machine and start fresh? Or did you forget your password XXXXX you need to reset it?

Customer:

My wife has a love hate relationship with passwords. She ha passwords for everything and would like to just deleted all of her passwords, save her data and start over with just one password XXXXX geybinto her laptop and then reset all her other passwords for email, banking etc.

Appleologist :

Thanks for clarifying that. Has she started to reset her passwords for banking, email etc?

Appleologist :

You do not have the option to delete passwords, your wife can only change the password XXXXX keep using the same password XXXXX everything

Customer:

AS I asked the question, I realized that was going to be your answer. I don't know how to help her get untangled. So thanks anyway.

Appleologist :

The best way for her to view all of her passwords is to use keychain access. It holds all of her passwords for applications and internet logins and passwords. She can view the passwords and then change them

Appleologist :

I wish there was an easier solution but she will have to change her passwords individually

Customer:

I don't use the key chain so I can't help her. How does she get to her keychain?

Appleologist :

If you click on the apple logo in the upper right corner, type in Keychain access. Let me know when it is open so I can walk you through further

Appleologist :

Im sorry, click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner and type in keychain access

Customer:

ok got it.

Appleologist :

Now in the box, you will see a series of information. You can scroll down and look under internet password. (Under Kind) When she finds the site she wishes to view the password XXXXX double click on it. A box will then pop up. At the bottom of the box, choose show password XXXXX type in the password XXXXX the computer

Customer:

Cool. I tried it on mine and it works. I know how to help her.

Customer:

Thanks.

Appleologist :

You are very welcome. Have a fantastic rest of your day

Customer:

You too.

Appleologist :

Thank You I will

Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.