Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

My mac mini seems to be a loop. I have lion running parallels

My mac mini seems to be a loop. I have lion running parallels 8. Screen keeps flashing and when I shut down it loads back to the flashing screen. Boot camp running W8 runs perfectly. Please can you help?
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Try an SMC reset, this is the System Manager Controler and controls lots of things on booting up.

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Unplug the computer's power cord.
  3. Wait fifteen seconds.
  4. Attach the computer's power cord.
  5. Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer.

Try that and get back to me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have managed to get in now but have the same problem I had that seemed to start it all off. Trying to print using Parallels in windows 7.

With Parallels tools installed it should be able to print through OS X.
However, that is a separate question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am just trying to reboot now to be sure the problem has gone away. Do you know what causes this?

You have Boot Camp with Windows and Parallels with another version of Windows and OS X. Parallels is a good product but it leaks over and affects OS X in unexpected ways. I have and do experience this myself.
You have a worse case of it, there are ways to mitigate it however.
First is repairing permissions, this PDF explains that.

Repairing Permissions

Then a pram reset when things get strange,

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys all together at the same time.

‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P' all together at the same time.

Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes, this is the sound that your computer makes when it starts up, it is like a boonngg. The screen should also cycle from white to black and then back to white along with the chimes.

The sound should also get louder.

graphic

If you have a wireless keyboard then the procedure is a little bit different.

Use the very same keys but wait until the first chime and immediately press and hold those keys. I recommend getting your fingers ready because timing is critical.

It can take many tries to get it, any USB keyboard is preferable.

If using a Windows keyboard then substitute the Control key for the Command key and Alt for Option, all others stay the same.

This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.

This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

Those will help a lot.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thanks very much. Turned out to be a very easy fix but thanks for the info above

Use it when you need it, I find that periodic use will help.