Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Gday. Our 6 old neighbour has put a passcode on our ipad.

G'day. Our 6 old neighbour has put a passcode on our ipad. He can't remember what he put in correctly and now we are locked out of the ipad. Please help. Have tried to connect to itunes but ipad disabled to itunes.
Hope you can help - Cheers.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Have you been syncing through iTunes or the iCloud?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do not know what syncing means not very computer literate

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
All you can do is to try and Restore in iTunes it will erase the passcode. It will attempt to backup first. Plug it into the computer and open iTunes, then select the iPad under Devices and on the right under Summary click on Restore.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok we can't find summary to be able to click on restore, found ipad and thats as far as we get

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

On the right hand side there are tabs. What are they named?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok we found a summary page under ipad and a window came up restore ipad we have clicked on this and has asked us to update and restore do we click on this window ??

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi, i did it anyway and on the 3rd attempt it worked and have been able to

start it up again lost everything on the ipad though, is there any way we can get this back

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
What did you lose exactly?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Before it restores it backs up:

iPad Backup backs up the following:

SMS Messages
Contacts
All Application Settings
Home Screen icon order
Photos taken with the Camera
Wallpaper image
Bookmarks
Calendar Events
Phone Favorites
Voicemail Messages
Notes

It doesn't backup:
Music
Sync'd photos
Applications
Videos
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no worries we have been able to re download music back onto ipad

every thing else we will deal with thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK great!
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.