Brian, Certified Apple Consultant
Experience:  I've been supporting Mac users and business professionally for 14 years.

Im trying to unload pictures from a Canon PowerShot SD1100/S

I'm trying to unload pictures from a Canon PowerShot SD1100/S to a Mac laptop. When I try to load the solution disk I get a message that the files are already loaded. Then when I try to unload the camera, I get a message "Failed to initialize program". Can you help?

Hi. I'm not sure what you mean by Solution Disk, but there are several other ways to import photos to your Mac. One is by opening iPhoto and connecting your camera. Another way would be with a card reader, if you have one of those. And another, lesser known way is to connect your camera and open Applications > Image Capture. Image Capture is typically used for scanning, but it will import photos and video from nearly any device.