Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

I have an Imac, 2006, I had a new hard drive installedabout

I have an Imac, 2006, I had a new hard drive installedabout 2 years ago, I need the keychain password XXXXX Adobe has blocked me until I install the their new version of flashdrive. I can't download it until i get my password XXXXX i do not have. Can you help me with this please?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you with your issue, I will need additional information. Are you referring to your computer's login password?

Customer:

yes i do believe so

Customer:

keychain too

Customer:

I have been getting a message " kcproxy wants your confidential info stroed in USB 308 in your keychain"

Appleologist :

Does it give you an option to allow?

Normally when you get that message, you have an option to choose allow. Basically if you are trying to access something that requires your authorization, you will receive that message which requires you to choose allow

Customer:

hello, ?

Appleologist :

Did you get my last response?

Appleologist :

Are you able to see my responses?

Customer:

just got it, yes it did say allow and i did allow it.

Appleologist :

Ok so that takes care of that. Now lets move on to getting your password XXXXX flash

Customer:

ok, how?

Appleologist :

Can you initiate the flash update process again. When it ask for your password, hit enter

Customer:

ok

Appleologist :

Do you know how to get the update screen back up?

Customer:

i'm working on it, i can't back out of this page

Customer:

ok i'm bac there, my name has come up and is asking for password

Appleologist :

Hit enter instead. Does it shake?

Customer:

it has cancel or ok, i hit ok

Appleologist :

When you hit enter, did it disappear or did the box shake?

Customer:

disappeared

Customer:

i havenother box to close app to continue,

Appleologist :

Ok so that may mean it worked and you do not have a password. Is it currently installing?

Customer:

i didn't close i was affraid it shut down everything

Appleologist :

You will need to close safari in order for it to install. This means you do not have a password, so simply hit enter whenever your computer asks for it.This also means you will loose me during the install. Was there anything els I can assist you with before you install flash?

Customer:

i entered a password XXXXX it isn't the one that they have

Appleologist :

You do not have a password. You will just need to hit enter

Appleologist :

What is asking for your password XXXXX?

Customer:

ok i will try that, thank you. what appens if it doesn't work, how do i get intouch with u again?

Appleologist :

You can bookmark this page. Click on Bookmark and then choose add bookmark

Appleologist :

Before you go, we can double check to make sure you do not have a password

Appleologist :

Click on the apple logo in the upper left corner and choose system preferences

Customer:

ok u r great, thanks hopefully i won't bother u again.

Customer:

k

Appleologist :

Within system preferences, choose accounts

Appleologist :

Or it may say user and groups

Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stephen,

I apologize for the system issues we are having.

Or it may say user and groups. Then click on the lock in the bottom right corner. It will ask you for your password. Simply hit enter. If it unlocks then you are all set and ready to go

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
If you need anything in the near future, I would be more than happy to assist you. (You will not be a bother to me :) Have a fantastic rest of your day