Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Hi, I am working on an excel spreadsheet and word doc - apple

Customer Question

Hi, I am working on an excel spreadsheet and word doc - apple mac has frozen - and statement in window says 'microsoft excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE application' - I dont know what to do - can you help please Adam Yates
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry the issue. Please try to full reboot/restart the Mac computer: press & hold the power button on your iMac computer for about 10 seconds for it to power off, then disconnect the power cord from the iMac for a couple of minutes, then reconnect, then turn it back on and check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

before I do that, my work has taken several hours - if I turn off and reboot - will my work be gone ???

What's the version of your office/excel application? Did you have office/excel auto-saved (like every ten minutes or so)? And/or did you save it manually once in a while? I'm sorry, since the computer has frozen, there is nothing else you can do except turning off, then turn it back on. So please try my suggestion, then open Excel application and it will give you the option to recover your work if you have automatic saving option enabled on Office/excel.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I get option to recover work????

If your office/excel version has the recovery option and if it is enabled, then after shutting down the computer, then turning it back, then open the Excel application, then it will automatically give you the recovery option. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could you help me recover word doc please??

Do the same for word, after turning off, then turn it back on, then open word application to see if it will automatically give you the recovery option. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it doesn't give me automatic recovery - how can I find word file please.....

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are you still there ?????

I'm really sorry; in this case, your Word does not have the auto recovery option; I think the word file is gone; you should save manually every 15 minutes or so while working on any document, but let me open the issue to other Professionals. Please do not wait or rate, you will get a reply/email when there is a possible answer. Thank you
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.