Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

help, i have lost my inbox,

help, i have lost my inbox, was sorting out and deleting some folders, and next thing i know, my inbox has been deleted, nothing in there, not sure what to do? had this email address for over 10 years, some v important work emails were in there, i use a macbookpro
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes version 10.7.5

processor 2.4g

memory 4gb

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i was away and still have not got old emails back, tried what u said no joy i am afraid,

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions? Who is your email provider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

am with hotmail, i deleted the folder, not individual emails

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Go here and sign in is your Inbox there?

live.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, i called a hotmail specialist in the USA and they said i can not get it back :-(

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Oh in that case they are correct, sorry.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

obviously not to happy as have paid £28 and it was an impossible fix etc

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Well all I can do is answer you correctly, which I did. Do you wish a refund?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

dont want a war, but if u think its fair, or partial refund etc

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I can have customer service contact you and you can work it out. I don't control any of that. Please come back when we can better server your needs. Thanks.