Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

help, i have lost my inbox,

help, i have lost my inbox, was sorting out and deleting some folders, and next thing i know, my inbox has been deleted, nothing in there, not sure what to do? had this email address for over 10 years, some v important work emails were in there, i use a macbookpro
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes version 10.7.5

processor 2.4g

memory 4gb

I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was away and still have not got old emails back, tried what u said no joy i am afraid,

So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions? Who is your email provider?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

am with hotmail, i deleted the folder, not individual emails

Go here and sign in is your Inbox there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, i called a hotmail specialist in the USA and they said i can not get it back :-(

Oh in that case they are correct, sorry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

obviously not to happy as have paid £28 and it was an impossible fix etc

Well all I can do is answer you correctly, which I did. Do you wish a refund?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

dont want a war, but if u think its fair, or partial refund etc

I can have customer service contact you and you can work it out. I don't control any of that. Please come back when we can better server your needs. Thanks.