Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Hi; Hopefully, you can help. I am a very longtime Mac User...going

Customer Question

Hopefully, you can help. I am a very longtime Mac User...going all the way back to the early days of the little black and white ones. Currently I am using a Mac Pro Desktop (tower style), had it for years, still works great...but...I recently discovered that my FAX program is no longer working. I received an alert, saying that my current Mac OS, no longer accepts my fax modem...the modem is an Apple product which has worked great for several years. I have upgraded my OS several times over the years and am currently at OS X Lion 10.7.5.
There must be a new modem or software or hopefully something I can buy or download etc, that will allow me to fax from my current Mac. I do use email, but my business still requires the use of a fax. Please, help me...I will purchase what ever is available to keep my Desktop Mac faxing. Thank you so much. It's a beautiful sunny day here in Seattle, hope you are having a nice day, too! [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hello Jack, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

I think that this will solve your problem.
The third paragraph has the simplest solution, a new fax modem compatible with Lion as is.
For about $50.00 you are all better.

Give a look at let me know.