Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I cant get any sound out of my speakers (Companion 3) but

I can't get any sound out of my speakers (Companion 3) but I do get a hum when I disconnect lead from the back of my computer & place my fingers on the lead end or when I plug it back in to my computer.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I will try and answer your question precisely and accurately.

Can you unplug the speakers from the green jack on your computer and plug the jack into your cell phone or iPod if you have one and tell me if you get good audio from the speakers?

Let me know so that we can continue.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Steve, I do get audio through my ipod.

Ok, and you are connecting the speaker jack to the LIGHT GREEN jack on your computer?

Let me know so that we can continue.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, so sorry I have been having trouble trying to get back onto my computer. I have connected to the speaker jack on my computer.

Ok, and I assume that there is no sound?

What operating system are you using there? If Windows, I need to know which version.

Let me know so that we can continue.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have an Apple computer.

Ok, then I can't help you because I am not a Mac guy. What happens here is that I opt out and another expert will take over for me.

Good luck.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Steve.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Jason, please help.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=ba3529e1-6a8c-4b4a-8c97-077a026c4755&SUPPORT=NET

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

Thank you. All is working now.

Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience: Several years of supporting Mac systems.