Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

I want to log out of my itunes account on an ipad and login

I want to log out of my itunes account on an ipad and login with another / second itunes account. If i do this what will happen to all the apps i have on the ipad (purchased via the first itunes account)? I want to keep those apps on the ipad and also want them to be updated etc automatically as always.. Is there a way to achieve this while switching over the itunes account on this ipad?

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

I understand this may not be the answer you want to hear but unfortunately all paid apps are associated to the iTunes Apple ID they are bought with. They are not transferable to another ID they do not allow it.

The apps can remain on your iPad and when they update you will be prompted with the Apple ID they were purchased with and for the password.

Let me know if you have any further questions BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow up.
Let me clarify as long as the Apple ID account is not deleted the apps can still remain on your device and you can change the apple ID.

When the apps need to be updated you will be prompted for password XXXXX the Apple ID the apps were purchased with.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi, please advise what will happen to the apps if i delete the apple id account. will the apps disappear for example?

No they will not disappear they will remain on your device. But when you to update those apps you will be prompted for password XXXXX apple ID you used to purchase them.

As long as the Apple ID is active (hasn't been closed) you can update them.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Cris

Let me know,
Cris

Let me know,
Cris