Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

My kindle on ipad shows "no service"and no longer works. Worked

My kindle on ipad shows "no service"and no longer works. Worked perfectlyHelp
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 11 months ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

Please check to see if your iPad has internet connection. Go to Safari. Can you surf internet?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Nick H. replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your quick reply.

Please first do a quick reset.

HOLD the Power (on/off) button and Home (round button with white square) button for 10-12 seconds. Ignore the Turn off message and release the buttons when you see the white apple logo. Let your iPad boots. Now open Kindle if the issue is resolved or still the same.

graphic

If that does not work, please do a Settings Reset:

1. On your iPad, go to Settings.
  2. Select General
  3. Select Reset (all the way at the bottom of this list)
  4. Select Reset all settings. (1st choice)
  5. Your ipad will reboot and prompt for wifi setup and other services setup.
  6. Open Kindle app to see if it is working properly or still have the same problem.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If does not work or you have any questions/concerns, do not rate yet! Click on Reply to Expert to reply so we can continue to work on this issue. Thank you!

Nick

Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did as you suggestd. Reset all settings but when I tried kindle it said "searching" then "no service."
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Didn't work. I reset settings but still "no service."
Expert:  Nick H. replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your update.

If that is the case, we will have to remove Kindle app and add it back.

First tap and hold the Kindle app for 2-3 seconds. The icons will shake. Tap the small x on Kindle app and confirm to delete it.

Then go back to Appstore and download Kindle app under Purchased. Or just search and download Amazon Kindle app back. Open it after installed. Then download your books from Cloud.

Let me know how it worked out. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Working. Many thanks
Expert:  Nick H. replied 11 months ago.
You are welcomed. Glad we can get it working again.

Please rate my answer so I can get credit. Have a great day!

Nick