David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

Question for David-MacHelpDesk Suddenly, most every time

Question for David-MacHelpDesk

Suddenly, most every time I open the Calendar on the MacBook, I get the following error message:

Your calendar couldn’t be refreshed.
The URL https://caldav.calendar.yahoo.com/principals/users/XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX/ encountered HTTP error 404. Make sure the URL is correct.

My calendar does open, but this is getting old. It's just been for a few days.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional,Machelpdesk message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. I'll wait.

I'm sorry for the wait, there was some confusion about the category the question was in. I will see any questions in the Mac category, but not always all the other categories.

The calendar does connect, so the URL is correct. This problem looks more like it is with the calendar cache.

Click Finder. Click the Go menu at the very top. Click on Go and when the menu appears, hover it there, and press the Option (Alt) key. When you press Option another menu item appears, Library. Click Library. It's easier to work with this folder in a list, so click View at the top, and 'As Columns'.

In the column to the right of Library click Caches. Click Edit at the top, and Select All. Then click File at the top, and Move to Trash. That empties the overall Caches folder.

In the same column as Caches there should be a folder called Calendars. Click on it, and in the column to the right there should be a document called 'Calendar Cache'. Drag it to the Trash.

Restart your Mac, and open up iCal to connect to your calendar as per normal. With the temporary cache files gone new ones will be generated and the issue should be resolved.

If not please let me know what happens and if there were any steps that gave different results.

Thank you for your question.

Yours sincerely,
David.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

—George

Hi George,

No problem, let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

David—Back to you. Thanks.

I followed your directions and, unfortunately, the problem persists.

—George

I just now went through the steps again. No change.

Additional info: I sometimes get the same message when opening other applications.

Hi George,

That's unfortunate. As the calendar is syncing with a master version on Yahoo! it's best to remove the account in ICal and add it again.

Click iCal in the top left, and then Preferences - Accounts.

Select the Yahoo! CalDAV account and click the minus in the bottom left.

Then click the plus in the bottom left. Leave Account Type as Automatic, and enter your Yahoo! details.

Click Create, then test the issue by closing and opening iCal, and restarting your Mac.

Let me know how this goes.

Yours sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Might have solved one problem & created another. My calendar now has only old, repetitive events. Not synced.

Can you go to Yahoo! through Safari, and check what calendars are there? Maybe they are under a different Yahoo! login.

Thanks,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I found one on iCloud that is quite similar to the original, but I can't have it on my dock—have to go through 2-3 steps to access it. Not good. I don't have any more time today, as I have other obligations.

I can still open the original from the dock, but all it contains are longtime repetitive events. Perhaps that can be linked to iCloud?

Yes,

Open iCal, click the iCal menu in the top left, and click Preferences.

Click the Accounts tab, and click the plus in the bottom left.

Enter you Apple ID username and password.

Your iCal calendar should now be available in iCal, and sync with iCloud.

You can login at www.icloud.com with your Apple ID information and check the calendar there.

Let me know if this gives any problems.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried everything available at the sites you suggested. Nothing works. Not only that, but the URL error message is back.

I have other obligations for the rest of the day, so maybe we can pick this up tomorrow. Thus far, I am further behind that I was when I started.

Are you able to take over my desktop and work with it? Others at JA have tried but failed.

—Tomorrow

Yes I can do that. Let me know when you are ready tomorrow and we can do it. We will use Google Chrome.

Regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

David—I do have Chrome, so when we connect again, I hope we can resolve this.

Thanks, George

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will you still be contacting me through Safari? If through Chrome, I'll have to set up a mail account there.

I will be using Chrome for the remote desktop assistance, and contacting you through Safari.

Download Chrome web browser and go to this link:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-remote-desktop/gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp?hl=en

You can login to your question and click that link using Chrome.

You can install the Chrome App or wait for me to give you help with it.

Regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have opened Chrome and used the link provided above. Now what?

Have opened Chrome Remote Desktop. It is "Waiting for connection."

Now "The Remote Session Has Ended." I'll wait until I hear from you again before trying again.

Very sorry for the delay, I had no Internet connection.

I only just got it back now.

If you are at the Chrome Remote Desktop page, can you see the green Share button?

Click it and wait a moment and you will get a 12 digit code.

Please get back to me with that code.

Thank you,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

399768763383

Chrome is still waiting for connection.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Old code timed out. New one is

541243896161

That worked well. Let me know what time you wish to continue tomorrow so I can be available.

Kind regards,
David.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional