Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

i need to apply green screen to already edited clips, us there

i need to apply green screen to already edited clips, us there any way?
Do you mean they are in the Timeline in a Project but you don't have the Events any longer? Can you clarify?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i shot them infront of the green screen. Edited the clips and then tried to apply the green screen effect. Turns out you hav to put the still picture down on the time line first then drop the video from the bin on to the still image then the menu comes up and the green screen is available

I did not know that and spent a lit of time editing the clips already

Turn on Advanced Tools:
Choose iMovie > Preferences, click General at the top of the pane, and then select Show Advanced Tools.

The iMovie menu appears in a light gray bar across the top of your computer screen.

What happens when you try to drag the background from the Event browser onto the edited clip?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well i could re-edit the raw clips all over again. That is what i am trying to avoid. the clips are still in the bin but unedited. I did not know that you put the still picture on the time line first. Then drop the raw clip on top to apply green screen. This is my first green screen deal. Now I need to essentially drop the still picture on to the edited video clip and be able to apply the screen. If I do that the images are reversed and the geen screen still image is on top.

You might try exporting the edited clips then import them to a new Event.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i do that the green screen effect is applied to the still picture not the video clip. In that scenario everything on the still picture that is green allows the video to appear

So you have the still picture in the Timeline and if you drag an original unedited clip from Events to it... it works but not an edited version in Events?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is correct. I do not know how to put an edited clip back in the bin

By bin you mean Events?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Go to your list of Projects and right click on your project, go to Duplicate Project. Open the duplicate project and remove everything except the edits you want to use. Then Export that at full quality to your hard drive and drag it to a new Event window.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will try that thanks. i am now t a dinner party f

or the kentucky derby. can i get back to yu in a miniute or two

No problem enjoy, wish I was there!!!