Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

FCPX question. Please experienced FCPX editors only I imported

Customer Question

FCPX question. Please experienced FCPX editors only

I imported files from a canon camera. I do the same procedure every time and it works.

I use the MEDIA IMPORT window.

This time I "created archive" like 100's of other times and it worked like normal.

When I imported it from the MEDIA IMPORT in FCPX to the Event Library it seems to work fine except it has a little camera figure on each clip. We load the footage into the project timeline and edit like usual. No problems.

2 things are now happening

1. - sometimes the files appear to be missing in the event library. I have to trash the red ones then reload from Media Import.

2. we have our edited footage and everything plays and looks fine but when we go to share it says "this item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera"

How can I fix this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I just had that happen and the only way to fix it was to trash those clips and re import them. Something went wrong on the import but it was still referencing them from the camera. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have them on the camera anymore. I tested them it worked so I trashed the clips on the camera to move on to the next project. I shoot daily so I can't keep things.

They are there and work fine. They sound fine.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Ouch. If you see that camera icon be very careful what you do. Do you have it set to create Proxy Media on import?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The strange thing is I had 15 clips like that having this issue. Then after rebooting and messing around about half of them don't show the little camera icon any more.

I had it both ways for importing

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Then maybe you should first: check your hard drives with the Disk Utility, and Repair Permissions, then try the Preference Manager app to save and then trash your FCP Preferences.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Assuming you know how to do that if not let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i did all that. Normally a few times a day.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Then I don't know of any way to get those back if you have trashed the originals, sorry. I keep a backup of my FCP folders but even that would not help in this case. If it was just a glitch and the files were actually imported whole, that would have fixed it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mike

The thing is they are there. they look fine, edit fine, playback fine, sound fine but just won't allow me to export/share anything.

Thanks, please throw me back out there incase there is an expert that may have went through this issue.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK if you created proxy media it will look fine until you try to export. Good luck.
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your Question but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Rachel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will wait

Thanks

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Lindie
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello I have found a work around by moving the clips from one event folder to another. All but one worked. Never happened before.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Definitely was a glitch in that event. started new event and imported everything in and it worked

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Oh okay, so it is working? If so, I am super glad to hear it.

Is there anything else I can help with or do you prefer that I close this question for you?