Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have purchased a mini ipad and need to get my contacts from

Customer Question

I have purchased a mini ipad and need to get my contacts from my address book from Microsoft outlook transferred to my new ipad. Please help me get this done
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
What version of Office are you using? Is that on a Mac or PC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have a MAC. I own a dell computer and an apple ipad

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok. What version of Windows and what version of Office please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7 0r 8 don't know where to find the office info. the email is Microsoft outlook

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK do you have an iCloud account and are you signed into it on the iPad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I do have an icloud account, however, I am wishing to not have to change my email address to that

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
You don't have to but you can sync your contacts with Outlook using the iCloud Control Panel for Windows which you can get here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1455

Just check the first item. It will sync the iCloud email but also your regular email address. Let me know if you have any problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have facebook contacts... an email for them through facebook... that is not what I want

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I don't know what you mean about Facebook you said you wanted to sync your Outlook contacts right? The Control Panel will ONLY sync Outlook calendars, contacts and email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know why, but earlier I tried to sync my addresses book and the names that come up when I try to send an email from my ipad have an address like this on it: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

You see, I do not use nor do my friends use an address for email with "@facebook.com"

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Are you using the Mail icon on the iPad? Who is your email provider? Do you have the Facebook app installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been using the mail icon-Yes.

My mail provider is mtcnet.net

Yes, I have the facebook app installed

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
So when you are in your Mail app and in your mtcnet.net account and you type in a name it does not take the proper email address from the Contacts app? I am a little confused can you clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it does not take the Microsoft outlook address, it uses facebook addresses--which I never use. Maybe I should delete facebook until I get the correct addresses into my mail account?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Good idea but you must have a facebook account in Mail setup already. Go to Settings / Mail, Contacts & Calendars and look under Accounts on the right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not see a facebook account. only icloud and mtcnet.net.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Select the Arrow to the right of each account and see what email address is listed there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

icloud; XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

exchange: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

pop account information--email is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and then in description of that account is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Sorry email addresses are blocked here. Just repeat that but only give me the parts after the @ symbol.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

mtcnet.net

icloud.com

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
What about:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

pop account description is

mtcnet.net

the incoming mail server host name is pop3.mtcnet.net

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Sorry still confused. So you have three accounts there?
This is the info I needed repeated:

icloud; XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

exchange: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I have to go to church. I am disappointed that I could not get the help I need. I think I will need to go to the store that I purchased my ipad at for help. i'm signing off.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If you just use the iCloud Control Panel your contacts will sync. You can come back later if you want.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I have been sick this week and so have not gotten back to this, but I have deleted all mail accounts except for the icloud acct.

I something we talked about earlier, facebook is on my mini ipad as a new app. but I do not see it in the mail settings....

So, can we begin from the beginning and I have the icloud acct. but I will need to set up my regular email account and have my contacts from my Dell computer-Microsoft outlook synk with my mini Ipad so I can use the email account

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
On the Dell computer install the iCloud control panel. It will sync your accounts and contacts automatically.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Let me know if you need help.