Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have purchased a mini ipad and need to get my contacts from

Customer Question

I have purchased a mini ipad and need to get my contacts from my address book from Microsoft outlook transferred to my new ipad. Please help me get this done
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
What version of Office are you using? Is that on a Mac or PC?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not have a MAC. I own a dell computer and an apple ipad

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok. What version of Windows and what version of Office please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Windows 7 0r 8 don't know where to find the office info. the email is Microsoft outlook

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
OK do you have an iCloud account and are you signed into it on the iPad?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I do have an icloud account, however, I am wishing to not have to change my email address to that

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
You don't have to but you can sync your contacts with Outlook using the iCloud Control Panel for Windows which you can get here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1455

Just check the first item. It will sync the iCloud email but also your regular email address. Let me know if you have any problems.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have facebook contacts... an email for them through facebook... that is not what I want

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I don't know what you mean about Facebook you said you wanted to sync your Outlook contacts right? The Control Panel will ONLY sync Outlook calendars, contacts and email.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know why, but earlier I tried to sync my addresses book and the names that come up when I try to send an email from my ipad have an address like this on it: [email protected]

You see, I do not use nor do my friends use an address for email with "@facebook.com"

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Are you using the Mail icon on the iPad? Who is your email provider? Do you have the Facebook app installed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been using the mail icon-Yes.

My mail provider is mtcnet.net

Yes, I have the facebook app installed

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
So when you are in your Mail app and in your mtcnet.net account and you type in a name it does not take the proper email address from the Contacts app? I am a little confused can you clarify?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, it does not take the Microsoft outlook address, it uses facebook addresses--which I never use. Maybe I should delete facebook until I get the correct addresses into my mail account?

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Good idea but you must have a facebook account in Mail setup already. Go to Settings / Mail, Contacts & Calendars and look under Accounts on the right.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not see a facebook account. only icloud and mtcnet.net.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Select the Arrow to the right of each account and see what email address is listed there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

icloud; [email protected]

exchange: [email protected]

pop account information--email is [email protected] and then in description of that account is [email protected]

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Sorry email addresses are blocked here. Just repeat that but only give me the parts after the @ symbol.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

mtcnet.net

icloud.com

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

pop account description is

mtcnet.net

the incoming mail server host name is pop3.mtcnet.net

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Sorry still confused. So you have three accounts there?
This is the info I needed repeated:

icloud; [email protected]

exchange: [email protected]

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry but I have to go to church. I am disappointed that I could not get the help I need. I think I will need to go to the store that I purchased my ipad at for help. i'm signing off.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
If you just use the iCloud Control Panel your contacts will sync. You can come back later if you want.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, I have been sick this week and so have not gotten back to this, but I have deleted all mail accounts except for the icloud acct.

I something we talked about earlier, facebook is on my mini ipad as a new app. but I do not see it in the mail settings....

So, can we begin from the beginning and I have the icloud acct. but I will need to set up my regular email account and have my contacts from my Dell computer-Microsoft outlook synk with my mini Ipad so I can use the email account

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
On the Dell computer install the iCloud control panel. It will sync your accounts and contacts automatically.

Let me know if you need help.