Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

My cursor has gone and been replaced by a blue circle and I

My cursor has gone and been replaced by a blue circle and I have a dialogue box that has popped up .. HOw do I get my cursor / pointer back and get rid of the dialogue box please . ALL this happened when my cat walked on the computer key board ..
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

From what your are describing, it sounds like your can activated the accessibility feature on your computer. Click on the apple logo in the upper left corner and choose Accessibility

Appleologist :

Does the computer also speak to you?

Customer:

hi , I am using my wife's computer ... My mouse wont work and so I am stuck . I don

Customer:

have a cursor .. Just a blue ring that won't do anything ?

Appleologist :

OK, lets try to force shut down your mac first. Press and hold the power button for 40 secs or until the computer shuts off. Then power it back on again

Customer:

ok

Appleologist :

Let me know when the computer is powered back on

Appleologist :

By the way, was there anything written in the dialogue box?

Customer:

Power is back on . There is still a black dialogue box and a blue ring instead of my cursor ..

Appleologist :

Can you move the curser now?

Customer:

when i move it .. The blue ring just makes the icons in the task bar at the bottom highlight .. it is really strange

Appleologist :

Can you press Command+F5. What happens?

Customer:

You are a genius .. That has gotten rid of the box and I now have my cursor back :0)

Appleologist :

Yay! Was there anything els I can assist you with?

Customer:

Can you tell me why this happened please

Appleologist :

When your fluffy cat ran walked on your keyboard, it looks like the cat activated "voice over" accessibility feature. Pressing both command+ F5 activates and deactivates it. So if the cat happens to run across the keyboard again and activate it, you now know how to deactivate it :)

Customer:

Thank you so much for your help .. I have been pulling my hair out ..

Appleologist :

You are very welcome.

I hope I’ve provided the resolution you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. Have a fantastic rest of your day

Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a new question please .

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning Kevin,

Sure! What can I assist you with today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you know if there is a program that shows you how much Hard drive space you have .. Kind of like when you are on itunes , you see how much space is being used by music , photos , emails etc I have a mac book air with 250 Gig hard drive and I am always weary of how much space I have left to keep it running well .. Thanks for your assistance

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
If you are running 10.7 or higher, you can check where all of your space is going to by.
1. Clicking on the apple logo in the upper left corner
2. Choose About this Mac
3. Choose More info
4. Click on the Storage tab

You will now see a color coded storage explanation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that .. I have looked at that before and had no idea that tab was there .. Thanks for your help again ..

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
You are always welcome. Let me know if you ever need further assistance. Enjoy your weekend
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist