Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Why are many of my iCal events not showing up in search on

Customer Question

Why are many of my iCal events not showing up in search on my iPhone? I've been using this to keep track of my workouts and it worked fine until a couple of weeks ago when they simply stopped showing up. They're still there if I go to the specific date where I did them, but that kind of obviates the use of search, if I already know where to look.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
From the home screen, go to Settings.
Choose General, then about halfway down the screen choose Spotlight Search.
Make sure Events is checked
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Then reboot Hold the Sleep and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try this when I get time, later this week. Thanks for your help so far.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, just tried that. Nothing.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
So everything is checked in Spotlight Search?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything but Voice Memos, and they were all checked when I went in to look.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
In Settings / General / About what is listed next to Version?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6.1.3 (10B329)
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
What search criteria are you using? Time, event name, etc...?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a search term. For example, I want to find out what weight I did last in my squat. A month ago, I'd put "squat" in the search field, hit "search" and every entry in which the word "squat" appeared would be listed.

Now, nothing comes up.

Interestingly, I have my iPad sitting right here next to me. I did EXACTLY what I said above, and everything comes up, exactly as it used to do.

I'm totally mystified, and, as I said earlier, the iPhone worked fine for this until about three weeks ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok I would plug it into your computer and do a Restore in iTunes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ugh. I was hoping to avoid that. I'll need to make sure all my iTalk files are transferred before hand. I think everything else is synced without my intervention.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes Sync first