Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Hello. I have a MacBook Pro 15 Retina about 6 months old. I

Hello.

I have a MacBook Pro 15 Retina about 6 months old.

I recently bought an Apple 4TB Time Capsule, which is now the wifi hub at home as well as my backup. The software on the Mac is Time Machine.

In the last few days Time Machine has frozen almost immediately after starting. I have to force it to quit using cmd-option-esc.

Can you help?

Thank you.

Jason :

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name isXXXXX look forward to helping you today.

When it freezes, are you given any error message?

Customer:

no

Jason :

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer:

Certainly

Jason :

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=99e5c2c3-398c-47b5-8c02-a138d18d0913&SUPPORT=NET

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

Jason :

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer:

It's not working. I've tried twice. Could you send another link?

Customer:

Safari

Jason :

When you run the "Elsinore" application, what happens?

Jason :

ok.

Jason :

Open your Downloads window, double click the "Elsinore" item in the list and allow it to run, please.

Customer:

I have to install latest Java, and in doing so I have to close the browser, so I'll get back to you using the link in your email

Jason :

oh okay

Jason :

Thank you

Jason :

I will be here standing by.

Jason :

Please, do not create a new question, just come back to this one.

Customer:

Hello again.

Jason :

Hello

Customer:

I've tried to instal Elsinore but it won't do it.

Jason :

ok.

Jason :

We may have to try another option.

Jason :

DISCLAIMER

By choosing to click the Join.Me link below, you understand and agree to give the Expert full access to and control over your computer for computer diagnosis, service and repair; that any third-party software acquired, installed or used during the RemoteDesktop session, by you or the Expert, will be licensed to you, and any terms of use agreed to by you.

JustAnswer strongly recommends that you at all times maintain a complete data backup and disaster recovery plan.

If you agree to the terms listed above, you may continue below.

- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.

Thank you.

Customer:

I guess so

Jason :

DISCLAIMER

Thank you.

Customer:

806-927-373

Jason :

thank you

Jason :

If you wish to request me personally for any future questions, you can do so at the following link: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

Thank you again,
- Jason