Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I downloaded a new version of Instant Messenger for mac because

I downloaded a new version of Instant Messenger for mac because some of my contacts were being deleted from my list. I thought someone was hacking my messenger. Anyway after I downloaded it I still cannot get it to appear on the left hand of my screen like my old messenger did.. how can I get this done?
Do you mean your Dock is on the left hand side of your screen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not tried anything except to ask the question a dozen times for the last two hours.

OK I am not sure what you mean exactly but open Macintosh HD on your Desktop and then open Applications find Microsoft Messenger and drag it to the Dock on the left side of your screen and let go.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have microsoft messenger.. I downloaded Yahoo Messenger.

In the past it has appeared on the left side of my screen..no my dock is on the bottom of my screen.

Idont like it on the yahoo mail page because it is not easily accessible.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I replied but I did not click this first.

I did not try to download microsoft messenger. I tried to download yahoo messenger. I looked in my applications folder and it is not there.

Ok I see. Open it and go to Yahoo Messanger / Preferences and set it like this:

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I still have the same problem. I downloaded a new version of yahoo messenger on my computer. I cannot locate it to open it. I got an acknowledgement that it loaded but when I restarted my comp. it did not install. There is one on my yahoo mail page but I want it on my desktop on the left side of the screen like the old one was. Can you do that?

I'm sorry about the issue. Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check/fix this issue directly for you?

Please click on the website below and allow the ScreenConnect program to run, then I will chat with you and help you directly:

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=bb44a3c5-59b4-47d2-905a-aa8599d9377a&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Please let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. Please rate my service. Thank you very much.
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience: Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

Why did you give me a 2! poor service ratings you Relisted before you really even explained the problem properly? I did not know you could not even find your download you did not explain that until you relisted. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I didn’t even get a chance to Answer you relisted before I knew what the actual problem was. I would have, sorry. Good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike the MacMedic did not answer my question. Obviously he did not understand what I was asking. I had a screen that gave me an option to ask another tech. I did ask Viet the same question. He understood and fixed my problem in just a few minutes. Maybe Mike could have answered me but he didn't. He was talking about Microsoft Messenger. I wanted Yahoo Messenger fixed. Viet got access to my computer and fixed everything I needed in a few minutes. Please leave me alone about this. I don't know what more you need from me. Your service is guaranteed you say so give Viet credit for fixing my problem and answering my question. I dont see any reason for any further discussion. Have a good day.