John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

How do i sync my desk top running OS10.8 to my i pad and i

Customer Question

How do i sync my desk top running OS10.8 to my i pad and i phone
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is John, I will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Is there particularly content you are most concerned with sycning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Calenda and photos and notes and documents

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Dennis.

Are you using iCloud on either device or your Mac currently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i don't fully understand i cloud but it is switched on on my i pad and i phone. not sure about the desk top

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My i pad and i phone are definitely not synced

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Okay.

in order to sync, you must be using the exact same Apple ID for iCloud on each device.

On the iPad and iPhone;

tap Settings

tap iCloud

If you are signed in, next to "Account" it should list your Apple ID. Make sure it is teh same on both devices and make sure all services are turned ON.

If you are not signed into iCloud, do that now. You can use the same ID as you've been using to make App / iTunes purchases if you haven't signed into iCloud on any device.
---

On your Mac,

click the Apple menu in the menu bar and choose System Preferences

click iCloud

Sign in with the same Apple ID you are using on the iPhone/iPad and make sure a check mark is next to all services.

Your devices should then begin syncing all the conent which falls under the services listed.

Any pictures taken on the iPhone/iPad should show up in iPhoto on the Mac under the Photo Stream option.

If you have other specific content you would like to sync, let me know.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All three units are logged into the same i cloud details but they are not i sync.

Everything is switched on

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
So, for example, your Contacts do not appear as the same on all devices?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is true.

It is particularly noticeable on "notes". They are definitely not in sync

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Okay,

If you sign in to https://icloud.com does the number of contacts there match any device?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if i log into www.icloud.com i get three choices.

the first is "set up iCloud up on this device," which i have done many times.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Log in to this address from your Mac, not a mobile device. It should take you into the regular website.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have done this my desktop now seems to be synced with my iPhone but my ipad is singing from a different hymn sheet

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Okay, does your Mac, your iPhone and the iCloud website all match? If so, you may just need to restart the iPad and give it a few minutes to catch up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the photo stream is synced but every thing else is not. i am 85 years old and it is 2.30am here i will have another go tomorrow

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Dennis. You can reply back at any time and I will be glad to help. I work afternoon/evening EDT US.

Thanks,