Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Customer Question

I want to sync my skype accounts on two mac computers, an iphone and an ipad; At present I have two skype names on the 4 devices and 3 different passwords.

I need to do this before I buy a subscription for landline/mobile calling.

Help, please.

Donna Seifer
Category: Mac
Expert:  lexx3218 replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.Smile I am very sorry you have ran into this complication. Cry

So basically you are wanting to tie in all accounts onto one correct? If that is the case sadly the only way is to install Skype onto each machine and login to each machine according to Skype they have not created it to sync multiple accounts.

You can also contact them at this page to see if they can merge the accounts in some way. But so far it looks like that the Skype service has not created any way or means to do this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I got a very lame answer! I've already spent hours trying to resolve this with Skype on line help. So, your answer was worthless!

I can't believe there isn;t a way to do this on all my apple products.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
How do you have 3 passwords if you only have two Skype accounts or Skype names?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have 1 skype name (donnada2) on 2 mac laptops and 1 ipad. When I tried to open the same name on my iphone, skype said this name was in

use and forced me to choose another name (donnada44);

one computer and the ipad have the same name donnada2 & password;

one computer has the name donnada2, but a different password

the iphone has the name donnada44 with a different password.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
You most likely tried to create a new Skype account on the iPhone instead of signing in to your existing account, there is no reason you cannot use the same account on multiple devices. I suggest you try that again. Sign out of that account on the iPhone and then sign in with your donnada2 account. As far as:

"one computer and the ipad have the same name donnada2 & password;

one computer has the name donnada2, but a different password"

you can't possibly have the same account name with two different passwords, Skype would not allow that. You are probably confusing the computer or other password XXXXX your Skype password, I suggest you check that again. Sign out of that account on all and sign in again with the same password XXXXX each. You should just close the donnada44 account and only use one account on all devices. Let me know.