Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

I would like to become a mac tech and wanted to know what is

I would like to become a mac tech and wanted to know what is the best way to get into this field. Does it take long and what is pay like

Thank you for contacting I am Cris.

Do you have expirenece with Apple products?

When you say become a Mac tech are you looking to work for say in a Apple store or third party company perfoming repairs?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

either or but I think apple store would be better. I have an iphone and mac pro but have my A+ cert

This you don't have much formal training with Apple products it would be best to do 2-5 training program. There is a cost for the training but it will prepare you to take the ACMT (Apple Certification Mac Technician).

Once you are able to pass the test you become certified and can apply to Apple store or other companies which are looking for your services. Expirenence is key though some companies will want some expirenence in the field. Those jobs will pay more.

Starting from the ground as a tech will usually be starting salary about $15 hour but depends on your location as well.

Click here>>>Training Center

I hope this helps answer your question. If you have any follow ups let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thought it would be a lot more, what would I have to do to make more money

All depends on your market (where you live) and what they are paying. The more expirenece and certfications you have the more of increase in pay you will see.

But a entry-level tech will not make as much.