Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

RA-Sha

Customer Question

I have an iMac Mid 2007 Core 2 Duo. I turn it on, no video. It beeps 3 short beeps, 3 long beeps and 3 short. Computer reboots itself. Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

When did you have this problem?

Please remove the Power cable from your iMac. Press and hold Power button for 30 seconds. Connect Power back to iMac. Turn it on. Does it turn on or still have the same issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still have the same issue.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.

The beeps indicate memory issues. You can do PRAM reset as follow:

1. Remove Power cable and press Power button for 20 seconds.
  2. Connect Power cable.
  3. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  4. Turn on the computer.
  5. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys.
  6. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  7. Release the keys.

If does not work, we will have to remove and test Memory sticks. Do you familiar with electronics? I will show you how to remove and reseat Memory.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If does not work or you have any questions/concerns, do not rate yet! Click on Reply to Expert to reply so we can continue to work on this issue. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Problem still exist.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Do you familiar with electronics? I will show you how to remove and reseat Memory.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, lets do it.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Sure. Please CLICK HERE to see the instructions and photos. What we need is to remove all memory sticks out. Test one memory stick at a time to see if any or both faulted.

Let's say your iMac has 2 sticks A and B. Test stick A first then test stick B. We should find out which memory faulted this way.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried all memories individually... same thing. I even swithed them around, but no luck. I also tried a couple of memories I have laying around. Are you certain that my symptoms is a momery issue?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
I am very sure that is the case. I have seen this issue many times. CLICK HERE to see the beep patterns. Look for number 3.

If you have time, you can bring your iMac to a local Mac repair shop or Apple Store to have it checked. For appointment to your local Apple Store, CLICK HERE.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about the $38. Do you still charge me?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for asking.

If you feel that I am helpful, please rate my service OK Service or higher so I can get credit for my time. Else if you would like to refund your money, click HERE to cancel your question and request refund.

Thank you!

Nick