dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in electronics and computers
71208907

I have a Dell laptop running Vista, an Epson XP405 airwaves

I have a Dell laptop running Vista, an Epson XP405 airwaves printer and I Pad 4 using 64 gigs. When I connect them I can print from the I Pad for about roughly an hour then the I Pad loses the connection. Can you advise a remedy. regrads Ian McCabe.
Category: Mac
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.

dresteve2000 :

Hi

dresteve2000 :

I am here to help you with this issue.

dresteve2000 :

Most likely you will need to log into your wireless router, and adjust the wireless channel you are currently using.

dresteve2000 :

right now it's probably set to channel 6, it would be best to set it to channel 1 or channel 11

dresteve2000 :

Please log into your router and make that change and test the connections again.

If you need instructions on how to do that, please let me know the make and model of your wireless router.

Customer: Thank you for your answer. I am using a BT home hub 3 router and some help changing the channel would be appreciated. regards XXXXX XXXXX
dresteve2000 :

Thank you for responding to me here

dresteve2000 :

Seems like you sent me a message very early in the morning here in the US and I was still asleep :-)

dresteve2000 :

So, please visit this webpage:

CLICK HERE

dresteve2000 :

Please follow the instructions on that page to change your wireless channel to Channel 1 or Channel 11. Then test it out to see if you have the same problems again.

dresteve2000 :

The time here is 9AM, and I will be online for the next 9 hours.

dresteve2000 :

Thank you.

Customer: Thank you again for answering but unfortunately I have tried as instructed with various degrees of failure. Either no connection or if it did connect only for a short time. When it was connected printer functioned from I Pad correctly any further advice? Regards XXXXX XXXXX
dresteve2000 :

Hmm... I have the ability to remote connect to your PC if you will allow it.

dresteve2000 :

When you return, please let me know if we can set that up.

Customer: I will have time tomorrow at 1.0pm UK time. Is that suitable? Ian McCabe
dresteve2000 :

Yes, that is fine.

dresteve2000 :

See you then!

Customer: Cheers!
dresteve2000 :

cheers

Customer: I am online. Ian. Mc.
Customer: dresteve have been online since 12.55 till now 1.30 UK time. No apparent contact. Will log on again at 5.00pm UK time. Meantime the I. pad printer function has been switching on and off intermittently during that time if this is any help to you.
dresteve2000 :

Hello

dresteve2000 :

Are you here?

Customer: Yes.
dresteve2000 :

Ok great.

dresteve2000 :

Sorry for the long wait.

Customer: No probs.
dresteve2000 :

Allow me to provide you with instructions for the remote connection stuff.

Customer: Go ahead
dresteve2000 :

Ok I'm switching to my desktop computer. One minute.

Customer: Ditto
dresteve2000 :

Ok, on your desktop computer, please go to:

http://join.me

dresteve2000 :

Then click on Share or click the Orange arrow

dresteve2000 :

A file will download, please open that file.

dresteve2000 :

Finally, provide me with the nine digits that appear at the top of the screen.

Customer: 529-170-177
dresteve2000 :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX connected.

dresteve2000 :

Ok,

dresteve2000 :

Thank you for allowing me to connect to your PC.

Customer: Will update you in about 15 mins. Ian Mc.
dresteve2000 :

Ok, looking forward to it. I'll be here.

Customer: dresteve are you there?
dresteve2000 :

yes

dresteve2000 :

I am here

Customer: I have checked the connection all round the house and outside. seems good. I would like to monitor for the rest of the day as I have had a good connection before for up to and hour. With your help I am now thinking that if the fault persists it could be a router fault and should contact BT the supplier. Does this seem possible? Ian Mc.
dresteve2000 :

It's possible that the router is having a problem. How old is the router?

Customer: Trust about a year and a half.
Customer: Should read just about a year and a half.
dresteve2000 :

Ok...

dresteve2000 :

Did you get the router from your service provider?

Customer: Yes.
dresteve2000 :

Ok, you should be able to ask the service provider to replace it.

Customer: I am beginning to think that. Thank for your help. Regards XXXXX XXXXX
dresteve2000 :

Please bookmark or make this page a favorite and so you can return here whenever you need.

dresteve2000 :

Also, when we're finished, please provide a positive rating with the smiling faces below.

Customer: Will do. Will close and fill in feedback. Regards
dresteve2000 :

Thank you.

Experience: 10+ years of experience in electronics and computers