Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Hi, about 3am this morning I got a message saying cannot connect to skype
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Question, when your using skype, are you using it on your windows 7 computer..

Or on a phone, or on a Tablet ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am using a windows 7 computer

Thanks Barb.

are you able to open the skype program from the shortcut icon still? Or will the program not allow you to open it at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not able to open it all. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and then it was connected about 2 and then about 3 it said cannot connect

Understood.. Ok Barb, lets try a somewhat easy step first.. A lot of times if we just turn back the clock it solves the issue.. if the steps below dont solve the issue though, please dont think that this is a one shot attempt.. As long as you keep responding to me, I will continue to assist you till we do resolve this successfuly together.

Lets start with a System restore. To perform a system restore.

Press and hold down the windows key on your keyboard ( the windows key is two keys to the left of the spacebar, and should look something like this )

300 × 225 -

Press that and hold it down, then press the letter R

This should bring up a small command box.. In that box type in RSTrui.exe and then hit enter on your keyboard.

This should open the system restore window, on that window we want to click restore my computer ( not create a restore point)

Then on the next page, we want to pick a restore date that was one day before the issues started with skype..

Start the restore, and once its finished and your computer restarts, please test skype again. Let me know what happens ( good or bad ) and we will continue as needed.

Thanks Barb,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dustin it did not work

What exactly happened Barb?

Were you able to start the system restore?

did it restart your computer? Please provide the details of what transpired so that i can better judge what steps we take next.

Dustin S.