Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hi I recently downloaded some new version software from I tunes

Customer Question

My existing data was stored ready for re installing
The computer promps me to enter my password XXXXX I have done but it will not accept this

I can not retrieve my original settings & data
I wish I had not downloaded the update

Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

Is it asking for the apple ID password or computer password it is asking for? And did you mean you did the software update for the iPad?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Vinod
I don't want a monthly membership or subscription just 1 answer to this problem which I can pay for as 1 off payment

I downloaded new I pad software under my I tunes registration but to retrieve all my previous data I need to give password but it is clearly not what I thought it was
No worries, just use the following links to cancel the membership if you have gone for it.

Regarding your question: did you mean your iPad backup is encrypted and you don't have the password for it?