Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

My iTunes account is based in the US, but I am outside the

Customer Question

My iTunes account is based in the US, but I am outside the country a lot. I want to download an app for parking in Belgium, but it sends me back to the US when I try.
How can I download an app from another country?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

You are correct. You are having a US store account. With that account, you can download only from the US store.

For downloading from the Belgium store, you need a Belgium account. You can create a free Belgium account. Just use the following document for that.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Note: You can create only a free account which lets you download only the free items in the Belgium store. If you purchase something from that store, you would need a Belgium credit card and a Belgium address.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not able to do this -- it automatically defaults to my US account and won't allow me to create a new sign-in

Try it this way.

Let's do it from the computer.

Open itunes in the computer and click on "itunes store".

In the store, scroll down to the very bottom, and to the bottom right corner, you will have the country flag. Make sure it is Belgium. If not, click on it and change to Belgium.

Now, try to download a FREE app from the Belgium store. It will ask you to sign in. Don't sign in, instead click on "create apple ID".

Fill in all the information (you need to use a different email address to create a new ID). In the payment method area, select "NONE". Once done, it will send a verification email to your email address.

Let me know if you still have any difficulty.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will this affect my ability to download from the US account -- and sync to my iPhone?

no, it will not create any problem. Whenever you need to download from the US account, just click on that country logo again, change it to US and sign in with your US id and password.

Similarly on your iphone, just go to settings > itunes and app stores. Just click on the apple id there, sign out and sign in with the id you want. It will take you to the corresponding store.