Justin, Network Admin
Experience:  10+ years IT experience (Corporate Network Administration),

I have mac mini intel core 2 with 2gb ram and 2 ghz processor.

I have mac mini intel core 2 with 2gb ram and 2 ghz processor. I am running OS X v. 10.5.8 and Adobe Photoshop CS3. All working great with former Epson 9880 printer that I sold last week and now bought new Epson 7900. Installed all the drivers and all dialog boxes appear, but cannot print in Photoshop! It always says "could not print file due to program error"
Is this a problem with my Mac OS or the print driver? I have installed a new version of OS and everything else works fine.
Greetings, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will do my best to assist you.

I take it the Epson prints from any other program?

Just need to confirm that.

The first thing I would recommend doing is changing/scaling the DPI of the picture you're trying to print out of photoshop. This is the kind of error that would spit out if the size was large. Best test would be to try a new drawing/picture and keeping it as simple as possible. Then attempt to print, you'll still need to turn down the DPI though.

My Next step would be to get the latest release of the epson drivers here:

This would root out any issues with the stock driver.

Try those first two steps and we'll go from there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your time.

sorry, but this answer is too basic and elementary.

i reached a mac computer tech yesterday, and they advised me to reinstall my 10.5.8 operating system, in order to repair the missing printer commands.

I apologize that you felt the steps were a bit basic, but there's always a starting point. Rather than the overkill method of "reloading your OS" just to reload a print driver. That's more like very last resort.

Your call of course, would be happy to guide you further.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This question/problem was resolved last week after I reinstalled my operating system on my MAC computer. The printer driver software was fine and installed correctly. I was missing some files in my operating system, which the new install fixed automatically.

Everything is working fine now.

No need to answer any other questions about this past issue.