Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps

I went to Picasa today, and ALL my photos are gone! Theyre

Customer Question

I went to Picasa today, and ALL my photos are gone! They're also gone from the My Pictures file; in fact, my Start menu does not even LIST My Pictures. Most of my photos were in My Pictures & My Documents & Picasa.

I'm a professional photographer, and I'm on the verge of losing a client for some band shots I took over a week ago...

Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks a lot for posting your query here. I am Jins here to assist you. Are you sure, you didn't delete those image files ? If so you may accidentally changed the folder/files to some other location other than My Pictures folder.

So, please perform a manual scan with picasa to find your images. Please do the following.

1) Uninstall Picasa. Answer "Yes" when asked about removing your database. Your photos on your computer and any edits done in Picasa are quite safe.

2) Download Picasa, Re-install, and launch it

3) Go to Tools -> Folder Manager and make sure that Picasa is scanning all the drives and folders for images.

After scanning, look for your lost images. If it not finds those images, most probably you or some one else deleted those images accidentally. If so you need to try a good recovery tool like easeus file recovery. Click here for download and details.

Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.