Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

RA-hg

Customer Question

Im trying to install Windows 7 (from an ISO in my desktop) using a Parallel desktop 8, but when installing the Parallel says: no boot device found.

Can you assist me, please?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Why don't you just burn the ISO to a DVD? Do you know how to do that?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Open Disk Utility drag the iso file to the left column then select it and click on Burn at the top. Put in a blank DVD.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did not asked for that info.

My macbook does not have a DVD/CD drive

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK that would be the easiest method. Are you choosing the ISO image when you install? First choose New Virtual Machine:

graphic

and on the next screen Install from: Choose an Image File:

graphic

Is that how you did it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, just what i did, but when getting to the screen of "INSTALLING WINDOWS" it just displays in the bottom: no boot device....

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Then there is probably something wrong wity the image file. Where did you get it? Does it mount when you double click on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it mounts, opens "auto run.inf - boot - bootmgr - efi - mediameta.xml - set up.exe...." and some more others.

I created the ISO from a file I have of the office version

I cant send print screens from here and some cases the page redirects me to an "access denied" page.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Sorry you can send them here:

Go here with any web browser:

http://tinyurl.com/mikemacmedic

Choose Select Files and navigate to your file(s) to upload or you can also just drag the file(s) to the Upload box, then click on Start Uploading Files or Cancel. When it asks for a description put in your justanswer.com or pearl.com username. Thanks.

What do you mean by "office version"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a copy of the office in a USB, and i made the CDR and then ISO from it

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Sorry maybe there is a language problem here a "copy of the office" makes no sense to me. I assume you mean a copy of Windows you have "at the office" or you are referring to Microsoft Office not sure, can you clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, my fault, is a copy of the windows i have in my USB.

i added the images, i called the file Vent7.ISO (windows in spanish)

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

OK I see your pictures have you tried the cdr file? You probably did not copy it to your USB properly or there is another problem, tell me exactly how you transferred the Windows installation disk from the original disk to the USB or where it came from.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

a friend of mine gave it to me, I dont know where he pulled it from. probably download it from some site...

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK then I'm afraid there is somethign wrong with it I suggest you buy a legitimate version of Windows.