Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

I cant transfer Pages documents from my iPad to my iMac. Ive

Customer Question

I can't transfer Pages documents from my iPad to my iMac. I've tried the usual, correct way to do it. When I click the Pages app icon in iTunes, no documents come up.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Michelle and I am excited to get started with you.

The best way to transfer documents from your iPad from your computer is iCloud. Are you currently signed into icloud on your iPad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not even sure if I have an iCloud account. How do I check? I know my calendars all snyc. But this still doesn't answer the question, why couldn't I transfer the files directly?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Sure, I can show you both ways. First on your ipad, go to settings and click on icloud. You should be signed in using your Apple ID. If you are not signed in, sign in using your apple ID and password. Then on your mac, make sure you are signed in too. On your computer, click on the apple logo in the upper left corner and click on system preferences. Under internet and wireless, click on icloud and make sure you are signed in. If not go ahead and sign in.

If you rather transfer your documents without using icloud. First make sure within itunes on your computer that icloud is not checked within itunes. To check, open itunes on your computer, Under backups you will see the option to backup to icloud or itunes.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Also, if you still do not want to use icloud, you can directly transfer your pages documents by click on the document you wish to transfer "On your iPad". Click on EDIT in the upper left corner. Select the document syou wish to transfer. Click on the square with arrow icon in the upper left corner and choose "Copy to iTunes" Your document will then copy
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
IF you choose to transfer your documents via your ipad, you can only transfer them one at a time. If you wish to use icloud, you will have the advantage of seeing and transferring all of your documents at once
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Will,
Just to give you a heads up, our site has been experiencing a few issues so our responses may be delayed or you may not be able to post your reply for a few minutes. I appreciate your patience
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
If you need illustrations to better assist you, please refer to this site
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4088
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So far, I've been able to do NOTHING
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Good evening, I am not sure if you received my previous responses 2 days ago. I also sent you a link. Can you please tell me where you are in the instructions I sent you.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning Will,
I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to transfer documents from your ipad and onto your computer. In case you missed my previous instructions. Here it is again.

1. Connect your iPad to your computer and open itunes
2. Open Pages on your iPad
3. You will now see all of your documents. Click on EDIT in the upper right corner
4. Select the document you wish to transfer
5. In the upper left corner, click on the SQUARE ICON WITH AN ARROW.( Is the first button)
6. Choose Copy to iTunes
7. It will not appear in itunes

Please refer to this article if needed http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4088
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I still have to do them one at a time? I assumed that the documents could ALL be transferred, synced, at once. Is there a way to do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I still haven't figured out the iCloud way. I bought a couple of eBooks to try to understand it a little better.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Yes. You can do this with icloud as mentioned earlier. You will like this option. First make sure icloud is enabled on your ipad. To do this,
1. Click on settings on your iPad
2. Click on iCloud
3.If you are signed in, you will see your email listed in the accounts field anad a serieris of applications listed like Mail, contacts, calendar. etc.
4. If you are not signed in, go ahead and sign using your apple ID and password
5. Then on your computer, you will need to sign in to so your ipad and computer can sync with each other. To do this
6. Click on the apple logo in the upper left corner and choose System Preferences
7. Click on iCloud
8. If you are signed in, you will also see a series of applications with checked boxes. If you are not signed in, sign in using your apple id and password.
9. Finally, open Pages on your computer. Choose FIle<Open.
10. In the upper left corner you will see both iCloud and On Mac. Choose icloud
11. To select all, choose command+A and then choose open
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Please Let me know if you get stuck on any of the above steps
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning Will,

I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to follow my instructions to set up iCloud. If not, let me know and we can go step by step
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won't have time to sit down and work with this until maybe this weekend. I'll give it a try then and see what happens. Thanks for your help so far.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Keep me posted with your progress