Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

MacBook Pro gets stuck on blue screen

Customer Question

My MacBook Pro (mid 2009 15" 2.53GHz) gets stuck on blue screen on startup. I upgraded the hard drive from the stock to a Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid drive, and have been going through endless re-installs of OS, restarts, resets, anything I can think of, and I'm back to the blue screen. All I'm trying to do it restore it to a time machine backup on 10.7. I have 10.6 installed right now because I needed to boot from the disk, and the Recovery HD was not showing up because I made the mistake of partitioning the drive as one partition. I've repaired permissions and repaired the disk, nothing has helped. Please help.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

What method have you been using to restore from the time machine backup?