Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

I lost my ringtone on my I phone when I try to get my incoming

I lost my ringtone on my I phone when I try to get my incoming mail.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

On your iPhone, go to Settings->Notifications->Mail. Select your Email on the list. You will see New Mail Sound. Tap on that to change your ringtone. When done, your iphone should give that ringtone when a new email comes in.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried that and when new mail comes in all I get is a buzz sound not the ringtone i selected.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your update Bud.

Please do a quick reset on your phone.

HOLD the Power (on/off) button and Home (round button with white square) button for 10-12 seconds. Ignore the Turn off message and release the buttons when you see the white apple logo. Let your iPhone boots. Now test to see if the issue is resolved or still the same.

graphic

If that does not work, we can do a setting reset as follows:

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings.
  2. Select General
  3. Select Reset (all the way at the bottom of this list)
  4. Select Reset all settings. (1st choice)
  5. Your iPhone will reboot and prompt for wifi setup and other services setup.
  6. Test to see if incoming mail ringtone is working properly or still have the same problem.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If does not work or you have any questions/concerns, do not rate yet! Click on Reply to Expert to reply so we can continue to work on this issue. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tested the ringtone that I select and that works but when I go to get new mail all that comes is a buzz sound not the ringtone I have selected

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Did you do both reset methods?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just tried the second method by resetting all the settings and nothing happens

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
When you select Reset all settings, did it ask you to confirm and reboot the iphone?

And does this issue only with your email? Other apps and settings are working properly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it only ask me for my password XXXXX the wifi and I did that . Why does it work

work when I use my I pad. New mail comes with the ringtone that I selected?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Bud,

Please try to remove your email account and add it back. Then see if the ringtone will work:

1. On iPhone go to Settings->Mail Contacts Calendars.
  2. Select Email from accounts.
  3. Select Remove account.
  4. Then go back and select Add account.
  5. Select Email on the list.
  6. Enter your FULL Email address and password.
  7. When done, please try to see if you can receive and sent emails.
  8. Check to see if the ringtone works now.

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I would like to go to the encanta store Can you set up and appointment?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Bud,

You can CLICK HERE and follow the prompts to schedule an appointment.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I went to the apple store since I wasn't getting anywhere with you and today they solve my problem in less than a minute. I evidently switch off lhe volume button on the side of my I phone. If you would have told me that might be the problem I wouldn't have wasted your time and mine. I think apple should return my thirty five dollars.Bud Heller

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your update Bud.

That is the Mute button. That is why you get the buzz instead of the Ringtone. I asked if phone calls and other were ringing and you said that it only happens with email. That is why we thought it was some other settings.

Thanks again for coming back and let me know. Have a great day!

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I still think I should not have been charged Bud

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Bud,

If you wish to refund, click HERE to cancel your question and request refund.