Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

My iPad has locked itself. There is a message on the screen Not

My iPad has locked itself.
There is a message on the screen
'Not Enough Storage

This iPad cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available.
You can manage your storage in Settings.

Close Settings (to click on these)

It won't allow me to click on anything or slide to unlock.

Please can you advise me on what may be wrong?

Thanks
Hilary

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

From what you are describing, it sounds like your iPad is frozen. To unfreeze your iPad, press and hold both the sleep and home button at the same time for 30 sec or until the apple logo appears. The sleep button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button on the bottom front bezel of your iPad

Full Size Image

Appleologist :

Please refer to the illustration above if you need further assistance locating the two buttons that need to be pressed

Customer:

Hello are you there

Appleologist :

Yes I am

Appleologist :

Were you able to press and hold the two buttons as instructed?

Customer:

Sorry the screen I am on is not showing your chat. I need to get rid of some windows

Appleologist :

Ok, are you able to see now?

Appleologist :

Here are the instructions I posted earlier

Appleologist :

To unfreeze your iPad, press and hold both the sleep and home button at the same time for 30 sec or until the apple logo appears. The sleep button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button on the bottom front bezel of your iPad

Appleologist :

..

Appleologist :

Welcome back. Are you able to see our chat now?

Appleologist :

..

It appears you are unable to view my response using our live chat.
Make sure you press both buttons for 40 secs or until the apple logo appears. The sleep/power button is located in the upper right corner. The home button is the round button on the bottom front bezel of your iPad