Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

Why wont my ipad finish syncing? It gets as far as srep 5

Why won't my ipad finish syncing? It gets as far as srep 5 and then stays there all night!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

Right now JustAnswer.com website is having some issues. If there are any delays, please check back later.

Your iPad could be stuck and needs reset. Reset as follows:

HOLD the Power (on/off) button and Home (round button with white square) button for 10-12 seconds. Ignore the Turn off message and release the buttons when you see the white apple logo. Let your iPad boots up. Connect to your computer and sync again.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If does not work or you have any questions/concerns, do not rate yet! Click on Reply to Expert to reply so we can continue to work on this issue. Thank you!

Nick

Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On step 5 I get, "waiting for changes to be applied" and it stops there. I am trying to put music on the ipad from the PC...but it still says "no music"

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Tony,

You already reset by holding the two buttons and still get the same issue when syncing to your computer?

When was the last time that you synced your ipad to computer? How about backup?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was backing up to the icloud ...but I can't get that working properly either. I did sync it a few weeks ago. I am fairly new to the MAC world, I was brought up on MS DOS and Windows.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Tony,

We can reset your iPad. Then sync with your PC. ALL apps, music, photos, and other files will be synced over from your computer.

On your iPad, reset as follows:

1. On your ipad, go to Settings.
  2. Select General
  3. Select Reset (all the way at the bottom of this list)
  4. Select Erase all contents and settings. (2nd choice)
  5. Your device will reboot and prompt for wifi setup and other services setup.
  6. When done, you can select to restore from cloud backup.
  7. Then connect your iPad to computer and sync.
  8. See if your iPad will sync properly now.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still the same message after it has synced everything except the music. As my partner uses the same ID, I've also got lots of stuff that I don't want and I don't know how to organise or delete unwanted apps, games etc. What do I try next?

Thanks

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Tony,

Sorry for the delay. The website is having issue.

Are there many songs that were syncing to your ipad?

If you sync the music only, will you get the same error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I picked the ones I wanted and clicked apply...it worked! :) Thanks.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Excellent!!!

Glad it worked out for you Tony. Have a great weekend!

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So now I am ata loss as to how to sync the same music to my iPhone (3). The iPad (2) has a musical note icon which goes straight to the synced music (from the PC). However, I can't see how to sync it to the phone. Any suggestions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hmmmmmmm...now it's called, 'iPod'. 3 devices = 3 different names and processes...confusing...but I'll get used to it :)

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Tony,

Connect your iPhone to computer. Go to Music. Check the box to sync music. Make sure to select Entire Library. Click Apply/Sync. Songs should be syncing to your iPhone.

Same goes for your ipod.
Nick H., Mac Specialist