Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

Yesterday I received an iPad for work (configured with work

Yesterday I received an iPad for work (configured with work apps, airwatch etc). I plugged it in to my home PC hoping to copy music from the iTunes that I was running on my personal iPad. I chose to 'restore' and I have now overwritten all my work data with my personal apps. I haven't previously connected the new iPad to a PC, so there is no back up that I'm aware of. Is there anything I can do to get back all my settings from before the restore?

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you, I will need additional information on your issue. Did you sign into your ipad using your Apple ID?

Customer:

yes

Appleologist :

Ok, you can re-download your apps from the app store so that will not be a problem. What settings were configured on your ipad?

Customer:

I have both a work ID and a personal apple ID which I have been using on my new iPad. The personal one is the same as the one that I was previously using on the old iPad.

Customer:

the work apps were installed by our work IT people, included Citrix, airwatch etc. Would I be able to get those from the app store?

Appleologist :

Yes, those are in the app store. Did you set up your ipad again after the restore

Customer:

It's still set up with my personal apps. But I've just changed in iTunes from my personal apple ID to my work ID and I can see the work apps. I'll give them a try now.

Appleologist :

In the app store, click on the "Purchase" tab in the bottom menu bar. Does your apps show up there?

Customer:

yes, they are there

Appleologist :

Ok, click on the cloud icon to re-download them

Customer:

that's worked. I'm having difficulty with the cisco any connect. I don't know the description and server address of the VPN.

Customer:

guess I'll have to contact my work about that.

Appleologist :

Yes you will. Those are configured with your IT departement

Appleologist :

Was there anything els I can assit you with?

Customer:

Other than my old (personal apps) appearing, is there anything that has been changed within the system of the iPad by me doing this restore?

Customer:

Looks like I've lost my new mail settings, but I could just add another account?

Appleologist :

Yes, since a restore sets it back to manufacture settings, you will need to enter your personal info again. Such as your email

Appleologist :

Yes you can add your email account again and it will start downloading your emails

Customer:

I think I also have to do a re-enrollment of the airwatch.

Customer:

but looks like I haven't completely lost things - thanks.

Appleologist :

You are very welcome. Have a fantastic rest of your day