Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

My husband bought me the IPad 3 about 4months ago. I have owned

My husband bought me the IPad 3 about 4months ago. I have owned all of the previous IPads and had no difficulties.
My new IPad is now going to black screen constantly, does not completely shut off. It is the worst in Mail which is where it started.
I have rebooted, checked to make sure my apps are not running even if not in use, checked my memory ( I have a good amount left), tried setting my mail so it does not hold mail for more than 2 weeks( I am not sure if I really accomplished).
I am more than frustrated. I am handicapped and all though I have a Mac Pro( lastest model) I use the IPad a lot because it is smaller so if i am in bed ( common for me::)) ) I due not have the extra weight. IPad started ok but now it is impossible.
I have read about many who have the same problem but not solution has really been found. Most just get rid of the IPad ( some all their apple electronics) and go to another brand.
My whole family are apple users. My oldest son went to the same school that Steven Job started. Plus my husbands is running great so I am in need of some well thought out, expert opinion. As my son ( who went to same college Job started at) the people at the genius bar are far from genius. When he is home, my son has done, fixed etc. what the "genius bar" could not or said was impossible. Unfortunately, he is out of countryūüė•. Please help!!!
a frustrated "old" woman but young at heartūüíÉ Thanks

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

To determine if your issue is software or hardware related, we will need to restore your ipad back to factory default. Especially if you have already reset the ipad and your issue still persist. Do you have a backup?

Appleologist :

I see you are still offline right now. When you are ready, simply respond to this chat and I will be notified to assist you.

Customer:

Thank you for your assistance. But as I mentioned in my question my son went to the same college Job started at and is somewhat of a Mac genius himself. He flew by this am and I mentioned my problem. Well, he had it fixed in under 30 mins. I believe his method would be of GREAT help to many who are having the same problem.

Appleologist :

Although the ipad can be used as a computer, they are not as advance. This means their a few things we can try to fix your issue. We can certainly check your settings first. Your auto lock may be set for too soon.

Customer:

If u are interested, I would be willing to ask him if he would share this with you. Oh please remove me from your pay every month plan. I may use you again:) My son said your answer was the next thing he was going to do if his final thought did not work. So u were not wrong. My son saved me from going back to default settings which even if backed up I always worry I will lose something important. Thank you very much:)

Appleologist :

You are very welcome. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Let me know if there is anything els I can assist you with

Customer:

Please remember to remove me from your plan where i am billed automatically each month. i have difficulty with other plans like this in the past who continue billing me. My bank finally has to stop payment. Please confirm that this has been done. I appreciate your kindness and patience. Thank you.

Appleologist :

You will only be billed once. You are not currently enrolled in the monthly subscription plan

Appleologist :

Does that answer your question?