Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

On my ipad, My safari app says server is down but I can use

On my ipad, My safari app says server is down but I can use a google app to connect to the Internet! why is something wrong with the safari app?

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

Lets try to force quit safari first. Double tap the home button. You will see a series of open applications at the bottom. Locate safari and press and hold it until you see the red minus sign. Press the minus sign to force quit the app. Try to open safari again. Let me know if that did not work so we can continue troubleshooting.

Appleologist :

I see you are still offline right now. When you are ready, simply respond to this chat and I will be notified to assist you.