Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I cannot print to our Konica Minolta 351C from any of our Macs.

I cannot print to our Konica Minolta 351C from any of our Mac's. No updated drivers. Any work around fix for this problem?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Dan.

My home is close to Lake Ontario in New York State in the Eastern time zone, I am generally online between 10 AM and 11 PM Eastern standard Time.

You say 'Macs' as in multiple, please tell me what version of OS X is on each and what type they are?

graphic

How and to what is the printer connected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have three Mac's, two iMac's and one Mac Mini and four PC's. The Mac's are all on 10.8.3. Konica doesn't support the age of the machine we have Bizhub 351c.

It is connected by a network using an ip address.

I had originally found a small work around program and they all worked. The printer went off the network and when we got it back on the Mac's wouldn't print anymore. I don't have the work around program anymore.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
I may.

That is OS X 10.8 driver software for that printer. I found it here.

Give that a try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found that software already. I have downloaded it several times and installed it but I don't think the new driver is getting to the printer. I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it as well and I can't seem to get it to use the new software I downloaded.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Try resetting the print system and then add the printer back in.
Open System Preferences/Print & Fax.
Right click where the printer would be or is. It will show Reset Print system.
Works like this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That didn't work either and it wiped out my other printer.

I did finally get the new driver installed and I still can't print.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
That clears all printers, that is in the text.
All that is needed is to add the printer.

Printer addition 10.6, 10.7

Use these steps to add the printer. If the other printers worked before resetting they will work again after re-adding them.

The same should be true for the Minolta but it may be stubborn.

Also this will go a long way to fix this and other issues you may not be aware of.

Repairing Permissions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I check and repair permissions regularly. However I followed your directions and it doesn't print. I removed the printer, reinstalled it and repaired permissions again and it still won't print.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Does it look like it has added successfully?
Does it give any error message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No messages. When I install a new printer it lets me select the new driver I downloaded. That driver appears on the printer settings. I also tried installing the printer using its IP address and it doesn't see the printer.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
This may be a dumb question but are they on the same network?
Is there a setup process on the printer to register it on the Mac?
Is there an app to make it register on the Mac that may be needed?
My Canon was like that, it had to use its own application to make it work with my Mac.
I am in the dark here, it may be a simple thing but I do not have a clear picture of your system and network setup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are on the same network. I don't know of any setup process to register on the Mac. They worked until there was an OS update and then I found a small batch file sort of thing that I downloaded and they worked again. Now that is either gone or doesn't work anymore.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that I did not reply, we had some issues on site and you fell through the cracks, sorry.
I have no answer other than Minolta does not list any support for that printer and OS X 10.8.3.
The link I sent earlier does not list your model now.
As bad as this sounds you may have to either step back to previous OS X, buy a Windows machine, or replace the printer to a newer model.
I have had this same thing happen to me with a favored printer.
I wish I had something better.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.